International Forum: Thoughts on the Disaster-Affected Area
The town of Hirono's Reconstruction Planning Division in Fukushima Prefecture will be hosting its annual International Forum on promoting the understanding of the condition of the disaster-affected area.
As was announced during last September’s International Forum, this year’s forum aims to build more consensus and understanding of the condition of the disaster-affected area.
We will bring together a mixture of people and involve them in wide-ranging discussions on the disaster-affected area and issues related to its reconstruction.
Outline of Activities
(1) Joint Session which aims to consider various issues related to disaster-affected areas. Those attending will include residents of Futaba District, students and researchers from Japan and abroad, and representatives of not-for-profit organizations currently operating in Futaba District.
(2) Preparing reports on the International Forum’s conclusions. We will also consider how these conclusions can be presented to a wider audience both within Japan and abroad.
(1) Venue: Hirono Town Public Hall (kōminkan) and Hirono Town Central Gymnasium.
(2) Date: November 25th (Fri) – November 27th (Sun) 2016
- November 24th (Thurs) Evening: reception
- November 25th (Fri) Afternoon : opening ceremony and opening session, side events, etc.
- November 26th (Sat) Sessions, side events, etc.
- November 27th (Sun) Morning: sessions, side events, etc. Evening: closing ceremony
*For registration, please contact Reconstruction Planning Division, Hirono Town
November 25 (Fri) to November 27 (Sun)
- 04:00 ~ 07:00
Hirono Town Public Hall (kōminkan) and Hirono Town Central Gymnasium