Purchasing Power With Purpose: How Supplier Diversity Works for Everyone
Our Global Diversity Management Committee Chair (Dr. Jackie F. Steele) has been pleased to collaborate with many progressive allies on this exciting event where we will introduce the Pride Business Alliance Japan, the first LGTBQ Chamber of Commerce in Japan. We hope to see many in-person or online.
From the largest global corporations to the smallest local businesses, supplier diversity benefits everyone and can help level the playing field for underrepresented groups. Join us for an informative, engaging evening in which we will explore this vital supply chain characteristic to understand what Supplier Diversity (SD) is, why it is important to companies and how it strengthens their diversity and sustainability efforts. Hear about NGOs that support diverse business owners and the companies seeking to work with diverse businesses. Broaden and deepen the conversation with your fellow ACCJ members, members of other chambers, and allied business organizations, as we take time to network over drinks and a buffet of delectable refreshments.
Date: Tuesday, April 4, 2023
Time: 18:00 - 19:30 Presentations (Doors open 17:30)
19:30 - 21:00 Food and networking for in-person audience
Venue: Google Japan (Shibuya Office) Events Space
Opening Remarks and Keynote Address:
- Roman Matla, APAC Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Google
- Moriaki Kida, Chairperson and CEO, EY Japan
- Hayden Majajas, Global Head of DE&I at Takeda
- Miyuki Hirose, Japan Market Lead, WEConnect International andmFounder, Pink Rose
- Loren Fykes, President & Co-founder of Pride Business Alliance Japann(PBAJ) supporting LGBTQIA+ and Ally business owners, and APAC DEI Program Manager at Google
- Dr. Jackie F. Steele, PhD., CCCJ Governor, Political Scientist and Founder/CEO, enjoi Japan K.K.
Hosting Committee: American Chamber of Commerce in Japan, Human Resource Management
Sponsor: Google Japan
Co-Hosting Organizations: British Chamber of Commerce in Japan, Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Japan, Ireland Chamber of Commerce in Japan, Swedish Chamber of Commerce & Industry in Japan
Member Fee: ¥6,000 (in-person) / ¥600 (online)
Guest Fee: ¥9,400 (in-person) / ¥1,200 (online)
This event will be hosted as a hybrid event with the option of joining in-person or virtually. Instructions for joining the virtual meeting will be sent to registered attendees after the registration deadline.
|Roman Matla - Bio.pdf||40.24 KB|
|Moriaki Kida - Bio.pdf||30.09 KB|
|Hayden Majajas - Bio.pdf||509.45 KB|
|Loren Fykes - Bio.pdf||67 KB|
|Jackie F. Steele - Bio.pdf||202.19 KB|
|Miyuki Hirose - Bio.pdf||22.11 KB|
April 04 (Tue)
- 18:00 ~ 21:00
- Google Japan (Shibuya Office) Events Space
- Members (in-person) -- ¥6,000, Members (online) -- ¥600, Non-Members (in-person) -- ¥9,400, Non-Members (online) -- ¥1,200