Mining Investment Seminar at the Embassy of Canada to Japan (Tokyo) on October 10, 2014
The Embassy of Canada to Japan is organizing a Mining Investment Seminar on October 10, 2014. The seminar is being organised in partnership with the provinces of Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario, and Quebec, with the support of the Japan Oil, Gas and Metals National Corporation (JOGMEC).
The seminar will be an opportunity for Japanese companies interested in investing in mining companies in Canada to hear directly from potential partners and learn about future business opportunities.
During the seminar, the Canadian companies will each make a brief presentation to introduce their company, their resources and the type of investment that they are seeking. After the seminar presentations a B2B Exchange and Networking Luncheon will take place, during which the participants will have a chance to speak with the presenters to obtain more detailed information.
The seminar will focus on the following resources:
• Base metals (Cu and others)
• Rare earths and metals
• Others TBC
Registration Opens： 09:00
Seminar Start Time： 09:30
Date: October 10, 2014
Location： Embassy of Canada, 7-3-38 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-8503, Japan
Map Link： http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/japan-japon/assets/images/map_tokyo...
• 09:00 – Registration at the Oscar Peterson Theatre (B2)
• 09:30 – Seminar begins
• 09:30 – Opening Remarks by H.E. Ambassador Mackenzie Clugston
• 09:40 – Presentation by Rhonda Wehrhahn, Assistant Deputy Minister, Resource Revenue Operation, Alberta Energy
• 09:50 – Presentation by Gary Delaney, Chief Geologist, Saskatchewan Ministry of Energy and Resources
• 09:55 – Presentation by other Provincial Representatives (TBC)
• 10:00 – Company Presentations
• 12:30 – Seminar Ends (TBC)
• 12:30 – B2B Exchange session and Networking Luncheon (4th Floor South)
• 15:00 – B2B Exchange session Ends
Confirmed Canadian mining company participants include:
• Energizer Resources Inc. (www.energizerresources.com; graphite, vanadium)
• Zenyatta Ventures Ltd. (www.zenyatta.ca; graphite)
• Nemaska Lithium Inc. (www.nemaskalithium.com; lithium)
• Commerce Resources Corp. (www.commerceresources.com; rare earths, tantalum )
• Geomega (ressourcesgeomega.ca; rare earths)
• Matamec Explorations, Inc (www.matamec.com; rare earths)
• Pele Mountain Resources Inc. (www.pelemountain.com; rare earths, uranium)
• Copper North Mining Corp. (www.coppernorthmining.com; copper, gold, silver)
• Yellowhead Mining Inc. (www.yellowheadmining.com; copper, gold, silver)
• Ram River Coal Corp. (www.ramcoal.com; coking coal)
Company profiles and short form presentations will be available here: http://sky.geocities.jp/kanadatoshishigen/eventpage.html
To confirm your participation or for further information please contact Tokyo.its [at] international.gc.ca or Fax: 03-5412-6254.
＊ The deadline for registration is September 30th.
＊ Simultaneous interpretation will be provided.
＊ Participation is free.
＊ Parking is not available.
＊ Private B2B meetings may be booked in advance, subject to availability.
＊ As space is limited, participants will be registered on a first-come first-served basis.
October 10 (Fri)
- Embassy of Canada to Japan
7-3-38 Akasaka, Minato-ku Tokyo 107-8503, Japan