Useful sites for gathering general information on Japan (including links to major Japanese media and JETRO) and the Canadian Embassy’s site in Japan.
Canada - Japan Relations
- Canada in JapanThe Canadian Embassy's Japanese-language website.
- Canadian Alumni Association in JapanFacilitates communication and contact between people who have studied in Canada, especially at the post-secondary level, and those who are thinking of doing so.
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade CanadaAccess to the Canadian embassy in Japan's English website, industry reports and other business resources.
- Canada KenteiEnhancing the knowledge and understanding of Canada
- Bank of JapanFinancial statistics, research papers, speeches.
- Japan Institute of LabourLots of information and downloadable reports on Japanese labour law, the labour situation in Japan, etc.
- JETROInformation and support mechanisms for entering/trading into the Japanese market, listing of upcoming domestic and international trade fairs, press releases, selections from JETRO publications.
- Ministry of External Trade and IndustryQuarterly tankan survey, statistics (e.g., by industry, by specific product category), white papers and other reports on trade, current topics.
- Ministry of FinanceOutlines of new bills and amendments to existing finance bills.
- Ministry of Foreign AffairsSpeeches by the prime minister, foreign minister and other officials, foreign policy outlines, official announcements.
- Business Development Center TOKYOSupport in Incorporating in Tokyo, Business Matching, Incubation Services.
Living in Japan
- Japan Living GuideComprehensive, up-to-date information on travelling and living in Japan.
- Tokyo English Life LineCounselling and support services for the international community in Japan. Comprehensive listing of emergency numbers, support groups, churches, etc.
- Tokyo with KidsInformation on just about anything to do with being an English-speaking parent in Japan, including activities, information on schools, an online chat and a babysitting bulletin board.