Manulife Insurance Information Related to Covid-19
Handling of Various Matters in Connection with the Spread of COVID-19
Additional Notice about Hospitalization Claims
If a customer infected with COVID-19 stays at a temporary facility (stay-type facility such as a hotel) or at home, etc. for recovery, the customer can be treated as eligible for the payment of hospitalization benefits, etc. by submitting a certificate, etc. regarding the duration from a public health center or medical institution.
Handling of Death/Medical Benefits
- Hospitalization for the purpose of treatment for COVID-19 infection
=> Eligible for the payment of Disease Hospitalization Benefit.
* In case of hospitalization that meets the prescribed number of days as specified in his/her insurance policy, such customers are eligible for payment regardless of whether the person tests positive or negative for COVID-19.
- In the event of death due to COVID-19
=> Eligible for the payment of Death Benefit.
* Not eligible for the payment of the prescribed "Accidental Death Benefit" due to infectious diseases.
How to Claim Death/Medical Benefits
- Request online or by phone (eClaims)
⇒ Request online
⇒ Request by phone
Manulife Life Insurance Call Center: 0120-063-730 (toll free)
ASK Mariko Fumita
Hours of Operation: 9:00 to 17:00 Mondays through Fridays
(Closed on public holidays and December 31 - January 3)
* Requests made online or by phone are subject to certain conditions.
Supplemental Service “Medical Hotline 24”
(Health consultation call service)
Consultations regarding COVID-19 are also available for customers who have “Medical Hotline 24” of “Medical Relief (Plus)” attached to their insurance policies. This supplemental service is provided by T-PEC Corporation in which physicians, nurses, and other consultation staff consult 24/7 for insured persons and their family members.
|Manulife Insurance Information (Japanese)||104.72 KB|