As the world’s leading manufacturer of both planes and trains, we’ve built an extensive and diverse portfolio of winning mobility solutions. Everywhere people travel by land and in the air, a Bombardier product is ready to transport them. From category-defining business jets and commercial aircraft designed for the challenges of today, to sleek high speed trains and public transit that’s smarter than ever.
But it’s not just our products and services that make us a global leader. The most important success factor is our employees, all 66,000 of them. Together we’re focused on making mobility more efficient, sustainable and inviting than ever before. We call it The Evolution of Mobility.
Bombardier is headquartered in Montréal, Canada. Our shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (BBD) and we are listed on the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index. In the fiscal year ended December 31, 2016, we posted revenues of $16.3 billion
With more than 28,500 employees and a leadership position in global markets, Bombardier Aerospace designs, manufactures and supports innovative aviation products for the business, commercial, specialized and amphibious aircraft markets. We have the most comprehensive aircraft portfolio and we hold the number one position in business and regional aircraft. Our high-performance aircraft and services set the standard of excellence in several markets, including:
- Business Aircraft - Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft families
- Commercial Aircraft - New C Series program, CRJ Series and Q Series aircraft families
- Aerostructures & Engineering Services - Aircraft structures, component repair and other services
- Specialized aircraft solutions - Bombardier aircraft modified for special missions
- Aircraft Services and Training - Aircraft parts, maintenance, comprehensive training, technical support and publications, and online services
With 60 production and engineering sites in 28 countries, Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in the rail industry. We cover the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from complete trains to sub-systems, maintenance services, system integration and signalling. Our installed base of rolling stock exceeds 100,000 rail cars and locomotives worldwide. Our 37,000 employees continue a proud tradition of delivering ingenious rail transportation solutions, including:
- Rail vehicles - automated people movers, monorails, light rail vehicles, advanced rapid transit, metros, commuter/regional trains, intercity/high-speed trains and locomotives
- Propulsion and controls - complete product portfolio for applications ranging from trolley buses to freight locomotives
- Bogies - product portfolio for the entire range of rail vehicles
- Services - fleet maintenance, operations and maintenance (O&M), vehicle refurbishment and modernization, and material management
- Transportation systems - customized “design-build-operate-maintain” transportation system solutions
- Rail control solutions - advanced signalling solutions for mass transit and mainline systems