On the 22nd of May 2014, the CCCJ co-hosted a Public-Private Partnership (P3) Seminar with the Canadian Embassy to Japan. The event was a great success with the aid of our Supporting Organizations; the Embassy of the United States, the Japanese Cabinet Office, the American Chamber of Commerce in Japan, our Title Sponsors; Currie & Brown, Davis LLP / Davis & Takahashi, TMI Associates, Torys LLP, and our Collaborating Partners; Air Canada, Borealis, and Bull Housser & Tupper.
The sell-out event had 240 attendees and 13 speakers speaking about P3 in Canada, Japan, and the United States. The events speakers were as follows:
- Paul Thoppil, Minister, Canadian Embassy to Japan
- Wilf Wakely, Chairman, CCCJ
- Jonathan Heimer, Commercial Counselor, U.S. Embassy
- U.S Ambassador Vinai Thummalapally, Executive Director, SelectUSA, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Mark Romoff, CCPPP
- John McBride, CEO, P3 Canada
- Mark Bain, Partner, Torys LLP
- Takafumi Tanisasa, Partner, TMI & Associates
- Yoshiyasu Yamaguchi, Partner, TMI & Associates
- Tony McArthur, Managing Partner, Davis LLP / Davis & Takahashi
- Hiro Takahashi, Davis LLP / Davis & Takahashi
- Jim Crossman, Director, Currie & Brown
- Kazuo Ueda, President, Japan PFI/PPP Association
If you were not able to make the event you can still view the presentations at this link.
The following video gives a brief look into P3 by the event's speakers and members of the CCCJ.
Special thanks to Conan Wakely for recording and editing the video above.
タイトル・スポンサー/ Title Sponsors:
コラボレイティング・パートナー/ Colaborating Partners