CCCJ members are invited to DCCJ Luncheon: Saxo Bank Presents: Outrageous Predictions for 2015 by Mr. Steen Jakobsen, the chief economist and CIO of Saxo Bank, and Mr. Kay Van-Petersen, Asia Macro Strategist.
At the beginning of each year, Saxo Bank, the online multi-asset trading and investment specialist publishes Outrageous Predictions for the year ahead. These are 10 unlikely events in the case if their risk is unappreciated, it would have significant consequences for global markets that should come to pass.
This year’s Outrageous Predictions were:
- UK House Sector to Crash
- Japanese Inflation to Hit 5%
- China Devalues Yuan 20%
- Draghi Quits ECB
- Russia Defaults Again
- Internet Hacks Smash e-Commerce
- Volcanic Eruption Cancels Europe’s Summer
- Cocoa futures hit a record USD5,000/tonne
- Brexit in 2017
- High-Yield Corporate Bond Spreads Double
Did any of these predictions materialize in 2015 so far? Or, will they ever come true? Listen to Steen Jakobsen, the chief economist and CIO of Saxo Bank, and Kay Van-Petersen, Asia Macro Strategist, as they explain the background of these predictions and their views on the market in 2015 Q3 (July-September).
Full Report on Outrageous Predictions:
- English: https://www.tradingfloor.com/publications/outrageous-predictions
- Japanese: http://www.saxobank.co.jp/predictions2015/
- Date & Time: Thursday, 2 July, 12:00-14:00
- Registration from: 11:30
- Venue: Tokyo American Club (click here for access)
- Fee: CCCJ member: JPY4000 Non-members: JPY5500
- Registration by: 26 June through DCCJ homepage (DCCJ members are prioritized)
- Cancellation /no show after deadline will be invoiced in full.
- To register, please visit DCCJ website (https://www.dccj.org/events/detail/412)